HIV is an STD that many are living with but those people still want and deserve a chance at finding love. The website POZ Personals was launched in 2005 and now has over 100,000 members. It promises a dating experience with a difference for those who have a diagnosis of HIV. This HIV dating site is open to men and women, gay or straight, no race or background is discriminated against on this friendly site. It’s easy to sign up and create a profile with POZ Personals, you can then make a decision if you want a standard or premium membership based on the following criteria.
The costs of POZ Personals membership
POZ Personals offers a standard membership completely free of charge.
To be a premium member and get access to some special features, there is a membership fee and these can be found below. Please note that payments can only be made using credit cards.
1 Month – $9.99
3 Months – $19.99
6 Months – $29.99
12 Months – $49.99
Features for POZ Personals standard members
- You can search on POZ Personals by username and keyword
- You can send flirts to the members that catch your eye
- You can hide or block members if you don’t want to see them anymore
- You can add someone you like to your POZ Personals “hotlist”
- You can show someone you’ve viewed their profile or hide it
- You can send a certain amount of emails to new members
- You can view and edit your 25 most recent footprints
Features for premium members
- You can use a search blocker which helps you control who can find you on the POZ Personal website
- You can see the 200 most recent footprints that members have left on your profile
- You can save your favorite searches which means you can research for it every time you log in to POZ Personals
- You can send messages and flirts without the need to solve Captchas
- You can have access to unlimited message sending. The more people you chat to, the more chance of finding love or at least a very good friend
- You get alerts when new members have joined the site, meaning you can check them out first
- You will receive messages from premium members online
- You can search for online members or premium members only, increasing your likelihood of finding a date
The differences between standard and premium membership
As a standard member, you can add a total of 5 images to your profile to hopefully get noticed by other members on POZ Personals. You can view others profile and also have the ability to see who has viewed yours.
As a POZ Personals premium member, you can get alert emails from members and save your favorite searches for extra convenience. You will also appear top of search results for other members which is really important and is guaranteed to work in your favor. You can chat with other members “live” and not just through email.
A quirky feature that is always interesting to check out on the site is the “catch of the day”, where a certain members photo will be displayed. Your “hot list” are members that you want to keep your eye on, you can add people to this list by clicking “hot list me” when you visit a persons profile. You can message these quickly and hopefully develop some kind of relationship.
In addition to increasing your chances of finding dates online, there is also support available for HIV. You can use the community forums, allowing you to talk to others who know what you are going through in terms of your illness. You can also get medical information from professionals in the field on POZ personals website.
You don’t need to worry about privacy when using POZ Personals, all your information is kept private from other members. The only way that members can get your email address and other personal details is if you choose to give it to them. You can also block users easily if any are making you feel uncomfortable.
As you can see from this POZ Personals review, the website is great for those who live with HIV. The privacy is good and there are a variety of features for both standard and premium members who are signed up. However a dating app for iOS and Android like the ones offered by positivesingles.com would be a great improvement.
– You can create a free account to try it out
– More than 100,000 members
– Established in 2005
– A paid membership is needed to access all features
– No mobile apps for POZ personals
– No address or phone number displayed on the contact page