Finding a romantic partner isn’t easy when you have HIV or Aids, in fact, it can seem impossible at times. It would be much easier to find someone who understands your situation, if they too have an STD. Luckily, there are a handful of HIV dating sites out there which are set up to help connect those with HIV.
Whether you are looking for something casual, something more serious or just someone to talk to, the following top HIV positive dating sites offer that and more. All the mentioned websites are completely free to join and operate in a way that will make you feel comfortable and happy.
It’s easy to make a profile, where you can actually disclose your STD status. This gets all the difficult stuff out of the way immediately and just means you can browse potential dates, like anyone else would. There are many advanced features and even professional HIV support on many of these websites, so check them out today.
Top HIV dating sites
Positive singles HIV/AIDS/STD dating site... Read Review
|$0.00||Rated 5 stars|
POZ Personals HIV/STD dating website... Read Review
|$0.00||Rated 3.5 stars|
POZ Match dating site... Read Review
|$0.00||Rated 3 stars|
HIV Passion dating site... Read Review
|$0.00||Rated 2.5 stars|
Dating with HIV
It is necessary to have a positive attitude in life; you must learn to look forward to each new day with determination and confidence. This is especially critical for people living with HIV. POZ Persons tend to keep to themselves due to fear of stigmatization.
However, with the level of development all around us, this situation is slowly changing. A lot of people are beginning to understand the condition better. As a result, positive singles are learning to overcome stigma by becoming more confident, and opening up to dating.
HIV dating has assumed a significant role in ensuring that positive singles can meet new people with ease via HIV dating sites. These sites are very similar to other kinds of dating websites. The principal distinction is that they are loaded with a lot of resourses and information related to the virus. If you are seeking information on the disease, HIV dating sites have the latest information and updates, and you will find them very convenient.
HIV dating sites act as a bridge to meeting and socializing with other individuals living with HIV. Regardless of whether you seek a dating partner or just friendships, there is something you can share with each other; support and information.
Choosing a dating site
When searching for an ideal HIV dating site, you should go for one that guarantees your safety and privacy. The websites need to make sure that Internet predators are kept away. The site must express its devotion to ensuring safety to members via policies that are open for members to see. It is important to have disciplinary measures in place according to the law, for the offenders.
Another point to consider is the quality of service they are offering. Also, the proportion of men to women needs to be balanced. This will help ensure a higher probability of successful matching.
Below is a brief outline of some of the things to look for when searching for the best HIV dating site:
- Go for an HIV dating site that has accurate, up-to-date information about HIV as well as other STD’s.
- The site must be secure by having policies ensuring user safety and privacy.
- There should be a contact us provision on the site for any or queries and concerns as well as a dedicated, responsive customer support team.
- Look for a site that has many active profiles of both women and men. Nevertheless, there are still many individuals who are HIV positive that are not comfortable disclosing their status and mostly tend to shy away from these sites.
- Many top HIV dating sites charge a certain amount. This fee helps the administration deliver quality services to the users. Look for sites that give free trials or low-cost subscriptions. A quality HIV dating site is, however, worth paying for in the long run.
It can be challenging to choose from the numerous HIV dating sites available. One thing you must remember is that while free HIV dating sites may sound inviting, a paid one may be way better and secure. To answer the question ‘why?’;
- First, when it comes to HIV dating, a paid site has a high probability of having only genuine people on it. Free sites are bound to attract less serious characters. Paying helps eliminate jokers.
- The other reason why you should opt for a paid HIV dating site is the fact that such sites tend to have more security and privacy provisions compared to the free ones. After all, nobody wants their HIV status publicized all over the Internet for the everyone to see.
The pros of HIV dating
1) HIV dating acts as a stepping stone for all positives singles out there. HIV dating sites are built in such a way that you don’t have to explain your status to anybody. The information you enter while creating your account speaks for you, therefore, eliminating that frustrating part of introductions.
2) You can search for your ideal partner easily by going through their profiles or by using search categories. Most HIV dating sites are equipped with search tools to help you narrow down the type of partner you are looking for. You can even do so by viewing their photos.
3) You can take all the time you need to choose the people you would wish to meet or know better.
4) You have thousands of potential partners and friends from all over the globe to choose from.
The cons of HIV dating
1) Some users tend to conceal their real identity including age, preferences and marital status among other useful details. Others use old photos or worse yet, pictures of other people.
2) Some online HIV dating sites harvest users contacts info for email spamming purposes. They may claim that such emails are for use marketing purposes, or in a bid to improve their quality of services. Such sites may afterward sell such information to other companies that advertise more dating-related services.
3) People create ‘bogus’ profiles and user accounts, especially on the free sites to spam others.
4) Sometimes, criminals use HIV online dating sites as a platform to meet and take advantage of innocent victims. Molestation, rape and internet fraud are examples of crimes associated with these dating sites.
5) Other social problems include increased STD infections (through sex) and overly-obsession with dating sites.
HIV Dating FAQ:
Is it safe to date someone with HIV?
It is completely safe to date someone with HIV and many dating sites exist that are specially designed for that purpose, it’s a safe environment that you can really use to your full advantage. If you are having sex with somebody with HIV or you both have the virus, protection should always be used.
Can you get HIV from kissing?
It is extremely unusual to get HIV from kissing but it is not impossible. The only way it could happen would be if you both had open sores on/in your mouth because the disease could be spread through the blood that way.
How can you tell if someone is HIV positive?
There is no way to tell if somebody is HIV positive just by looking at them. The only way to know is if they tell you this information.
Does a person with HIV have to disclose?
In 19 US states, it is law that somebody with HIV has to disclose it to a sexual partner. However, during the initial dating stage, there is nothing that says a person has to disclose that they are HIV positive. If you suspect that something is not as it seems with a partner, ask them outright because honesty should be the base for any healthy relationship. Many people are scared potential love interests will have some kind of disease and not tell them, so this is the reason why there are such dating sites around like Positive Singles. You know exactly what you are getting right from the start.
How long can you stay undetectable?
Many people with HIV can have an undetectable load in them, if this is the case and they have been on some kind of HIV medication for at least 6 months – they have almost a zero chance of passing the virus onto anybody else.
As an HIV positive single, it’s vital to remain positive and sign up for a top HIV dating site and meet great people. Life is incomplete when a person is lonely. Enrich your life today by inviting people to help you deal with your problems. By so doing, you can meet lovers, friends, and even people who seek both a short-term and long-term relationships. HIV dating can be a fun and exciting affair. So what are you waiting for? Let go of your fears and ride the tide.
- 1 Top HIV dating sites
- 1.1 Positive Singles
- 1.2 POZ Personals
- 1.3 POZ Match
- 1.4 HIV Passions
- 1.5 Dating with HIV
- 1.6 Choosing a dating site
- 1.7 The pros of HIV dating
- 1.8 The cons of HIV dating
- 1.9 HIV Dating FAQ:
- 1.10 Conclusion